Monday, March 9, 2009

Life sucks sometimes

Things have been quite rocky for a while. My partner and I moved to the west coast after being in Toronto for two years. We both had good jobs, bought a condo together and adopted a dog together. You know, typical gay life that one might envy....

After my partner decided to change his job for being unhappy there(working with family is something I highly discourage), we realized that our real life was here, in British Columbia(that's where he's from and where we met). Since we moved, everything has been a struggle. Morgan doesn't have a job. He goes to Salt Spring Island every weekends to wash dishes in a restaurant owned by friends.

For my part, I work as a barista at Starbucks . I just got a promotion to be Shift Supervisor in another store. It's great, more hours and more money. I'm also looking at going back to school, after 13 years, to become a Licensed Practical Nurse or Therapist Assistant.

While I'm writing all of that, I'm wondering "why the fuck am I complaining??" Well Morgan and I have some marital problems. See, he's a pot smoker, wasn't when we met, he had been clean and sober for almost two years at that point. And now he smokes and I can't deal with it.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment